If you are a non-writer, listen to this podcast to improve your writing skills.
Quick Tips for Non-Writers:
- Write like you talk! Talk-Write, Write-Talk
- Write like you’re writing to a friend (people don’t want to read the essay your crafted – it’s too stiff).
- Write from your perspective.
- Put numbers in your titles – it peaks peoples interest!
Different ways to write:
- On your computer
- Use your notes app on your phone to jot down your email/blog ideas
- Dictate to Siri (or other) to create a draft of your email
- Transcribe.com – use as is or tweak
- Rev.com – 1 minute of transcription for $1
What to write about: Write about life (Seinfeld-type writing) and tweak it into a marketing tip. Be real, be transparent, let down your guard.