Whiteboard animation is one of the most powerful online marketing channels out there today… if it’s done the right way. Here are some quick tips that will revolutionize your whiteboard video marketing campaign…
1) DO – use a message based first on storytelling rather than dry technical data or statistics. People learn through stories. They engage the viewer and keep them watching. Facts tell but stories sell.
2) DON’T – use software-based applications with generic stock art and animation used by hundreds of other businesses. These generic videos cheapen the look and feel of your website… and reflect poorly on your business. Instead create a video customized to you.
3) DO – make your message marketing message YOU focused (customer), not I focused (company). Prospects are always asking themselves, “What’s in it for me?” Your whiteboard animation should reflect that by staying focused on benefits to the customer… or solving a problem that they have.
4) DON’T – let an amateur try and craft your marketing message that is the foundation for your video. A professional copywriter with a background in direct-response knows the emotional triggers and language that can cause your prospect to take action.
5) DO – set up your video so you can track and measure its effectiveness. With direct-response marketing techniques like testing, you’ll be able to create the most effective whiteboard video. And you’ll able to see its impact on your bottom line.
6) DON’T – bet on one “call to action.” Always have at least two. For example, one, used on YouTube or Facebook, could be to visit your business’s website. That will be used to generate new leads. The other, which appears on your site, could be to call your office to schedule a phone consultation—a sales call for you basically. Multiple calls to action, simply changing the last few lines of your video, make your whiteboard video supremely versatile.
7) DO – use video players that leverage in-depth video analytics so you can see how engaging the whiteboard animation video is, including the number of views, which parts of the video were most-watched, and how much of the video viewers watch on average. Wistia is a paid service that gathers excellent data on engagement levels for your video.
8) DON’T – just create one whiteboard animation. Create a battle plan for your entire marketing campaign with multiple videos, so you can test the effectiveness of different titles, copy, and offers, as well as the back-end funnels.
9) DO – work closely with your whiteboard animation provider. You should be involved in the process so you can offer your input on script creation, the look and feel of the animation, and more. Nobody knows your business – and your customers – like you do. Your ideas are valuable and can help create a truly customized video perfect for your marketing goals.
10) DON’T – waste the tremendous power of whiteboard animation videos. These videos are engaging and proven to help businesses boost lead generation and sales. Have a clear goal in mind when creating your video, including where it will be used and why. And make sure you have a funnel, or follow-up sequence in place, so you can stay connected with the prospect after they watch the video.